Managing virtual education can be a complicated business. It can be difficult to create structure 而且 helpful learning environments for children but t在这里 are plenty of tips 而且 tricks to try. 苏珊娜霍顿，课程负责人 BA (Hons) Primary Initial Teacher Education with QTS, has some advice for those trying to navigate teaching from home:
- 环境: Have a designated learning space for children so that t在这里 are clear boundaries set. This helps children to focus 而且 not become too distracted. 一个舒适的阅读场所, accessing podcasts 而且 sharing stories is useful to provide different learning environments. Storing resources 而且 stationery in a box means everything is at h而且 而且 children can easily tidy away afterwards.
- 例程: Have a routine but try to remain flexible. Routines help children to feel safe 而且, in these times of uncertainty, are definitely useful. Pin a daily schedule on the fridge so that the family can see what is happening. 然而, remember that you may need to be flexible 而且 it is not the end of the world if you can’t be available to help explain pictograms or tally charts because the washing machine has suddenly broken or you are on a Teams meeting – teachers underst而且!
- 资源: Make use of the resources available. These include the BBC 2 而且 CBeebies programmes that are being screened daily. Find out information 而且 schedules 在这里. 看一看 橡树国家学院 as t在这里 is a section for parents 而且 carers.
- 引进专家: 范围.org.uk is a great website with everything in one place from virtual museum visits to useful podcasts for children. Access science lessons delivered by 美国国家航空航天局 或戏剧表演 全球. 请查看 国家档案馆 for History resources 而且 videos 而且 learning to draw with Rob Biddulph. For all things English, take a look at UKLA resources 而且 the 大英图书馆. Build on your Geography skills with 大卫·艾登堡 并承担一个 戴森的挑战. A quick google search will provide many more free resources.
- 户外活动: Take a walk or factor some time in the garden. Find some ideas for outdoor learning 在这里. Or for older children, engage them with some virtual 实地考察.
- 确保上网安全: Make sure you are aware of how to 确保儿童上网安全 而且 speak with teachers if you have any concerns. T在这里 will also be guidance on school websites 而且 it is a part of the school curriculum.
- 幸福: It is a difficult time for some children as they are unable to socialise, see friends or mix with other households. It may be difficult motivating children to engage with online learning or set tasks. Keep in touch with teachers, pastoral support 而且 Year Leads if you have any concerns. 网站，例如 每个思想都很重要 而且 年轻人 offer support 而且 resources which are specific to 新型冠状病毒肺炎 而且 Lockdown
- 记住: 你不能用空杯子倒酒. 休息, keep in touch with teachers 而且 make use of additional resources to support home learning. 玩得开心!
苏珊娜霍顿 is a Principal Lecturer 而且 the Course Leader for BA (Hons) Primary Initial Teacher Education with QTS. She joined the 教育学院 in 2012 as a senior lecturer 而且 subject lead for Primary English. She leads the undergraduate programme 而且 predominantly teaches on the English modules.